Fort C (Fort of Mice)
1398 VE Muiden Plan your route
Any visit to fortified town Muiden starts at the Muizenfort. Fort C was originally an important part of the Defence Line of Amsterdam and is a striking building that is home to several creative businesses.
Fort C also houses an unmanned visitor centre and Tourist Information Point.
A permanent exhibition shows the development of Muiden through the centuries. A film which plays every 15 minutes gives a bird's-eye view of the origins and history of Muiden. For children, there is a discovery unit that allows them to learn more about the Fortress Muiden interactively.
- Every monday from 09:00 to 17:00
- Every tuesday from 09:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 09:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 09:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 09:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 11:00 to 13:00
- Every sunday closed