Choose a cache, find the coordinates, look for hints and share your stories with other cachers: the geocaching.com website or app is the starting point each time you go geocaching. With our helpful tips below, you will be well prepared for your first quest.
Geocaching in eight simple steps:
1. Create an account on geocaching.com.
2. Install a geocaching app on your smartphone (‘Geocaching Intro app’ or 'C:GEO' app for Android, for example).
3. Choose a cache from the online map.
4. Read the description of the cache and follow the instructions.
5. Navigate to the cache location.
6. Find the container.
7. Got it! Sign the logbook and put back the cache in the hiding place.
8. Register your visit online and share your geocaching stories and photos.
What do you need to be able to geocache?
- A smartphone with the geocaching app and a fully charged battery.
- A pen and paper to make notes.
- Tweezers and a mirror could come in handy during the search.
- Good walking shoes and rain gear (if needed).
- A snack and a drink for the search.
Watch the instruction videos on www.geocaching.com/videos