The 'Werk bij Maarsseveen' was built in 1881 as part of the New Dutch Waterline. The monumental fortress is now a breeding ground for art & culture. There is a mini-theatre, which regularly hosts small shows (theatre, dance, film) and concerts.
In addition to all activities, the fort is open to the public as much as possible. From Friday to Sunday you can enjoy a snack and drink from caterer Pop Up Paella.
Make a stop here during your bike ride, to relax on the terrace with a nice drink, to view the fortress, and to visit the exhibition. You will also find a small-scale VVV information point here with leaflets about the Vecht region.
- Every monday from 10:30 to 17:30
- Every tuesday from 10:30 to 17:30
- Every wednesday from 10:30 to 17:30
- Every thursday from 10:30 to 17:30
- Every friday from 10:30 to 17:30
- Every saturday from 10:30 to 17:30
- Every sunday from 10:30 to 17:30