Geological Museum Hofland
1251 EW Laren Plan your route
Do you like history and geography? In this museum, you will find fossils of thousands of years old. You can see how volcanoes work and there is also an extensive stone collection.
The museum regularly organizes children's afternoons where you can participate in special workshops such as 'grinding stones on a glass plate' or 'making mosaics'.
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 13:00 to 16:30
- Every wednesday from 13:00 to 16:30
- Every thursday from 13:00 to 16:30
- Every friday from 13:00 to 16:30
- Every saturday from 13:00 to 16:30
- Every sunday from 13:00 to 16:30
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays
Please rate the accessibility of this place
For people with a mobility impairment
The ground floor, rock garden en the studio are accessible to wheelchair users. There's a toilet for disabled people. The groundfloor is accessible by elevator. The upper floor with the prehistoric cave is accessible by stairs only.
For assistance dogs
An assistance dog is allowed
For people with a visual impairment
No special facilities
For people with a hearing impairment
The exhibition is explained with texts. There's no flashing light alarm. The museum is small and well-arranged.